Modern, Secure Cabin Networking
In addition to the unique avionics features, SystemX Software provides a all of the secure routing features required for a for modern stand-alone Cabin Router.
SystemX provides a secure, monitored, configurable, interfaces between Personal Electronic Devices (PEDs) and the Internet through external SATCOM terminals and integrated terrestrial radios (LTE, WiFi).
This system also provides a number of advanced secure networking services like a DHCP Server, DNS server and forwarder, Secure Voice PBX, NTP server, and an aircraft event tracker.
When utilizing the integrated VPN all Internet bound traffic can be routed through a SystemX Server on the ground which provides encryption over all unencrypted (and easily intercepted) SATCOM interfaces. The VPN also provide seamless WAN switching using a crypto-routing protocol; all off-aircraft TCP connections use the ground server’s static IP address so that they are not interrupted when the router switches from one WAN interface to another.
With longer latency and limited bandwidth SATCOM networks don’t behave the same as terrestrial networks and the TCP congestion control algorithms used for terrestrial networks can cause performance degradation on SATCOM links. SystemX provides a TCP Performance Enhancing Proxy (TCP PEP) which can be used increase TCP performance on SATCOM networks.
SystemX also provides support for integrated secure containers (LXC) so that service providers and fleet operators can create and deploy their own custom networking software. SystemX also includes a secure, encrypted remote API so that software running in the containers, or on external apps can access state information, and update system configuration. Third-party software can be developed in a lab environment using our Development Kit.
- Global LTE Service
- An advanced Policy Based Routing Firewall
- Integrated Secure Voice PBX
- Advanced network traffic monitors
- Integrated Network Intrusion Detection System using an industry standard ruleset format (snort)
- Integrated Host Intrusion Detection System for log local and remote log monitoring (syslog)
- Container support for secure 3rd party applications
- Secure API
- Support for STP, RSTP, MRSTP
- VLAN support
- Integrated VPN
- Integrated TCP PEP
- Secure, encrypted remote API for external Apps
- Secure Remote Tech Support
- Multi-WAN support including seamless WAN transitions